Monday, September 3, 2012

Smart Board Rotation Schedules - CHECK!

There have been SO many things to complete in the past couple of weeks that I’ve had to make a list and check off each as I complete it.  I got one more “check” done this weekend by tweaking my Smart Board Rotation Schedules for Guided Math (Math Workshop) and Guided Reading/Daily 5.  I found some cute backgrounds (mycutegraphics.com) and made some charts with timers, buttons, etc.  For the Guided Math Rotations, the students don’t really have a choice where they go but can choose what to do once they are at centers.  For the Daily 5 Rotations, students will be given a choice of activities when they are not meeting with the teacher (guided reading groups).  I will move the “T” to the appropriate spot for each student once I know where they will be going and then save that as the daily template.  They will then be responsible for choosing their activities for the remaining rotations.  I’ll let you know how it works!


Students will move the buttons to the appropriate boxes to indicate their choice for each rotation.     R=Read to Self,   RS=Read to Someone, LR=Listen to Reading, WW=Word Work, W=Writing, T=Meet with Teacher.


Students are placed in groups and then complete the guided practice during "Meet with Teacher" time, complete the independent practice portion of the packet during "Independent Practice," and Math Centers (topics vary) and xtramath.org (once we've learned addition).  We tried this rotation schedule last year and the students LOVED it!
Like it? Wanna use it?  A colleague of mine, Sara Schlickbernd, designed this and generously allowed me to use it!  Here is a link to her newest version on TpT.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like some of the backgrounds from mycutegraphics.com. :). I worked on my choice board this weekend, too! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog. I really like your math groups rotation schedule. I can't wait to get mine going. Latoya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies! It's good to know that I'm not "talking" to myself here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be willing to share this with me?

    ReplyDelete