Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fridge Facts

I’ve written a number of posts lately about things you may be seeing in your firstie’s backpack and this post is no exception!  I’ve wanted to talk with y’all about “Fridge Facts” but couldn’t figure out how to “capture” the document so I could post it here!  But, tonight I FINALLY figured it out!  YAY me!  So here goes . . . .
Each Monday, students fill out their “Fridge Facts.”  This document serves as a “sneak peek” for parents AND students by previewing all of the content we will be covering throughout the coming week.  Students record vocabulary words, titles of reading stories, math content for the week, Science/Social Studies themes for the week, and a “Don’t Forget” for all of us!  
Click here to see this and other Fridge Facts available at my TpT store
Why “Fridge Facts”?  Simple. I encourage all of you to post this document in a prominent place!  And where could that be?  Smack dab in the middle of the “highest-traffic-spot” in your house the refrigerator! Each time you or your firstie open the fridge for a snack, take a peek, ask a question, make a comment, or just casually chat about these items with your first grader.   
By the way, no longer will there be excuses for not knowing vocabulary (a.k.a.spelling) because it is now here, in vocabulary packets, AND on the “See it, Say it, Write it” that comes home each week!  Practice, practice, practice = fluent, life-long readers!  And, if you know me, you know that's my thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment