I’m super pumped right now, folks! I’m by no means a computer geek but I pride myself in being able to research and figure things out. Thus far, in my blog journey, I’ve learned quite a bit about how to make pictures and clipart the size that I want. I needed a blog button but have NO extra money to pay someone to do it for me! My knowledge + need for a Blog Button = I did it myself! I wish I could say I was completely on my own but I wasn’t!
Here’s what I did it and credit given where due:
- I purchased a $2.00 packet of super cute pics and paper from http://www.designsbykrista.net/shop/ and used one of her cute flowers as a background. Thanks Krista!
- I opened the picture in paint and "re-sized" it to 125 x 125 pixels! In my research, I discovered that this is the standard size for most blog buttons.
- Then I added text over the newly sized flower.
- I “saved as” a .jpeg file onto my desktop.
- Then, I went to http://www.manicmother.com/2009/09/how-to-make-grab-my-button-box.html and followed her directions to the tee! Read the directions carefully and watch the quotation marks and such! It was SO EASY.